The Society is proud to have published the following books: Balbriggan a History for the Millennium.
- Sale of Hampton Estate Balbriggan 1875.
- Balbriggan – the street where you live.
- The Farm Diary of Lowther Lodge Balbriggan 1803-1822
- The Hamilton Family & the Making of Balbriggan.
- Balbriggan a History in Maps 1655-1900
We hold six talks each year in March, April, May, August, September and October. These are held at 8pm on the last Wednesday of the month in the Town Hall Balbriggan. We also have a Summer Outing each year and lead a Historical Walk as part of the Annual Summerfest. The Society also has a role in the restoration of Bremore Castle and is delighted to see the restoration coming near to completion and the Castle open for use.
Non-Society members can, of course, attend individual talks for an entrance fee of €5 (€3 for concessions) but, apart from the other benefits of membership, it is much better value to become a member than pay for each talk. Membership entitles adult members to free admission to all talks and to vote at the AGM. (Children under 18 are not entitled to vote.)
- Adults: €15 per person per annum.
- Concessions (students & senior citizens): €10 per annum.
- Family (2 adults + children under 18): €20 per annum.
Please note that the membership year matches the calendar year (January to December).
Publications for Sale
Below is a list of our very worthwhile and important publications, which will enhance your appreciation of your town:
- ‘The Farm Diary of Lowther Lodge’ – €10
- ‘Balbriggan – the street where you live……’ – €10
- ‘The Hamilton Family and the making of Balbriggan’ – €10
- ‘Balbriggan: A History for the Millennium’ – €15
- ‘Sale of Hamilton Estate Balbriggan 1875’ – €65
- ‘Balbriggan a History in Maps, 1655-1900’ – €20
All of these publications are available for sale at our talks and local Bookshops.
The Society can be contacted at Balbrigganhistsoc@gmail.com